Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Troy Kunkle - Texas

This time, the title is in italics. There was no last minute stay for Troy Kunkle tonight. The State of Texas executed him around 8:00. Kunkle's execution was originally scheduled for 6:00 but was delayed two hours while the United States Supreme Court considered arguments of his counsel in a last minute appeal. Obviously, the Court denied that appeal.

Before his death, Kunkle asked for forgiveness. He stated: "I would like to ask you to forgive me. I made a mistake and I am sorry for what I did. All I can do is ask you to forgive me. I love you and I will see all of you in Heaven. I love you very much. Praise Jesus. I love you."

On the day of his death, Troy Kunkle was 38 years old. He was 18 at the time of the murder for which he was killed. All totaled, Kunkle spent more than half of his life on death row.

Troy Kunkle Executed

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Blog.....I have searched ALL DAY to see if Troy Kunkle actually got executed and this is the first place I could find the information. Thank you. I follow the executions closly trying to find out in my own mind if I think the death penalty is right or wrong. I appreciate all the information found in this blog.

CarrieJ said...

You are very welcome. I hope you come back and puruse some more. Obviously, my opinion is clear, and I hope you will choose to agree with it. That said, its important that people know why they have certain opinions so I'm glad to hear you are thinking about it carefully.